F*#$§&g hell, that's a lot. OK, so no WUProp data from my GPU for another 400hTrotador hat geschrieben:Well, don't be in a hurry to update, 465 hours so far...Sänger hat geschrieben:Mine is this: cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000129.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1298201813_4_16, i.e. #17 of that WU. I'm still a bit away from the deadline (29th it is), but can you tell me the crunch time 'til now? I want to update my BOINC, but can't until that monster is done
Long running work unit
-
Uwe Sänger Herzke
- Block-Bunkerer

- Beiträge: 1326
- Registriert: 31.05.2006 14:33
- Wohnort: Bremen
Re: Long running work unit
-
Norman
- Klimawolke

- Beiträge: 2188
- Registriert: 20.03.2003 14:34
- Wohnort: Saarland
Re: Long running work unit
bonjour Netrider92, (Bon Anniversaire)
Ce sont des unités de travail spécial, qui peut compter sur des jours ou des semaines.
800-1000 heures ne sont pas rares, mais vous aurez deux fois plus de points si vous pouvez le faire.
la date limite devrait être augmenté par l'administrateur système.
quel système avez-vous?
((S'il vous plaît note! "Laissez les applications en mémoire" doit être activé dans boinc.
si boinc fait une "référence" ou fait la demande sera déplacées.))
yoyo? wurde die deadline schon erhöht ?
Ce sont des unités de travail spécial, qui peut compter sur des jours ou des semaines.
800-1000 heures ne sont pas rares, mais vous aurez deux fois plus de points si vous pouvez le faire.
la date limite devrait être augmenté par l'administrateur système.
quel système avez-vous?
((S'il vous plaît note! "Laissez les applications en mémoire" doit être activé dans boinc.
si boinc fait une "référence" ou fait la demande sera déplacées.))
yoyo? wurde die deadline schon erhöht ?
-
Netrider92
Re: Long running work unit
Bonjour et merci beaucoup
je suis sous Windows 7 / 64 Bits / I7 860 8 cores 8 Gbt Ram
ID 4976
je suis sous Windows 7 / 64 Bits / I7 860 8 cores 8 Gbt Ram
ID 4976
-
Trotador
- Mikrocruncher

- Beiträge: 24
- Registriert: 14.03.2010 13:18
Re: Long running work unit
Finally the first one finished, only 670 hTrotador hat geschrieben:Hi,
This one is reaching its deadline but it's still running (at 100%):
cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000129.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1298201813_4_3
I have another one that looks like it will also need more time, at 100% for long time :
cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000131.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1298201813_5_4
Could you extend the deadlines for both units?
Thanks
-
Michael H.W. Weber
- Vereinsvorstand

- Beiträge: 23139
- Registriert: 07.01.2002 01:00
- Wohnort: Marpurk
Re: Long running work unit
Question:

Michael.
Answer:Trotador hat geschrieben:...but it appears with the "completed can`t validate" label, Is it because is late to the original deadline?
..and that is why it cannot yet (!) be validated.Trotador hat geschrieben:No wingmen has finished this unit yet.
Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.


-
[B^S] Dragonstar
- Idle-Sammler

- Beiträge: 5
- Registriert: 22.03.2011 00:51
Re: Long running work unit
Hello all,
I too have a monster work unit...
cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000126.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1287247082_0_61
Right now I'm at 750 hours (100% for the last month) and still crunching
I've had a couple of power failures but since I'm running it on my laptop the unit never stopped.
My deadline is April 13th and was wondering how much longer it's going to take? I see one person completed unit in ~32,000 secs but I've seen one other aborted at over 2 million secs
I wish there was a way to find out how much longer!
Also, if I finish other workunits on this laptop and free up the cores will this monster unit use the free cores to finish faster?
I too have a monster work unit...
cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000126.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1287247082_0_61
Right now I'm at 750 hours (100% for the last month) and still crunching
My deadline is April 13th and was wondering how much longer it's going to take? I see one person completed unit in ~32,000 secs but I've seen one other aborted at over 2 million secs
Also, if I finish other workunits on this laptop and free up the cores will this monster unit use the free cores to finish faster?
-
Michael H.W. Weber
- Vereinsvorstand

- Beiträge: 23139
- Registriert: 07.01.2002 01:00
- Wohnort: Marpurk
Re: Long running work unit
Please provide a URL to that specific WU and your machine, so that we can have a look at the situation. Generally, it is normal for the Intron_gpI WUs to really run VERY long, i.e. up to 1200 hrs. But exact runtimes of course depend on exact specs of the WU. Unfortunately, the runtime prediction routine fails for these Intron_gpI WUs, so the progress bar is not helpful at all. You can check in your taskmanager for progressing CPU runtime of that CMSEARCH task and also post the maximum memory usage consumed so far.[B^S] Dragonstar hat geschrieben:Right now I'm at 750 hours (100% for the last month) and still crunchingI've had a couple of power failures but since I'm running it on my laptop the unit never stopped.
My deadline is April 13th and was wondering how much longer it's going to take? I see one person completed unit in ~32,000 secs but I've seen one other aborted at over 2 million secsI wish there was a way to find out how much longer!
If you run into trouble with the deadline, do not worry - we can extend that. But you need to notify us in time.
Not with the current version of CMSEARCH.[B^S] Dragonstar hat geschrieben:Also, if I finish other workunits on this laptop and free up the cores will this monster unit use the free cores to finish faster?
Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.


-
[B^S] Dragonstar
- Idle-Sammler

- Beiträge: 5
- Registriert: 22.03.2011 00:51
Re: Long running work unit
Okay, lets see if I can get this right...
Workunit = http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/workuni ... id=3543332
Computer = http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/show_ho ... ostid=9117
Hope that helps.
I plan to see this monster to its finale! Either I'll crack this monster or my laptop will crack.
Workunit = http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/workuni ... id=3543332
Computer = http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/show_ho ... ostid=9117
Hope that helps.
I plan to see this monster to its finale! Either I'll crack this monster or my laptop will crack.
-
Michael H.W. Weber
- Vereinsvorstand

- Beiträge: 23139
- Registriert: 07.01.2002 01:00
- Wohnort: Marpurk
Re: Long running work unit
Well, I am currently working on the same WU.
The relevant machine ID is 169 and that WU now has run for 306 hrs with a peak RAM consumption of 1.9 GB. It continuously uses 900 MB of RAM. I have a second of that kind running in parallel on the same machine and normally these finish without problems unless someone shuts that machine down. 
From what I can see your machine should be capable of completing it successfully, just make sure you do not encounter a power failure or system shut-down and prepare for maybe 1200 hrs of runtime.

Michael.
From what I can see your machine should be capable of completing it successfully, just make sure you do not encounter a power failure or system shut-down and prepare for maybe 1200 hrs of runtime.
Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.


-
[B^S] Dragonstar
- Idle-Sammler

- Beiträge: 5
- Registriert: 22.03.2011 00:51
Re: Long running work unit
So far I'm at 824 hours with peak RAM at 1.92 GB and 1.03 GB continuous RAM according to my task manager.Michael H.W. Weber hat geschrieben:Well, I am currently working on the same WU.The relevant machine ID is 169 and that WU now has run for 306 hrs with a peak RAM consumption of 1.9 GB. It continuously uses 900 MB of RAM. I have a second of that kind running in parallel on the same machine and normally these finish without problems unless someone shuts that machine down.
From what I can see your machine should be capable of completing it successfully, just make sure you do not encounter a power failure or system shut-down and prepare for maybe 1200 hrs of runtime.![]()
Michael.
I'll beat this monster!
-
Uwe Sänger Herzke
- Block-Bunkerer

- Beiträge: 1326
- Registriert: 31.05.2006 14:33
- Wohnort: Bremen
Re: Long running work unit
OK, you did it in 670h, congratz for thatTrotador hat geschrieben:Well, don't be in a hurry to update, 465 hours so far...Sänger hat geschrieben:Mine is this: cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000129.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1298201813_4_16, i.e. #17 of that WU. I'm still a bit away from the deadline (29th it is), but can you tell me the crunch time 'til now? I want to update my BOINC, but can't until that monster is doneTrotador hat geschrieben:Hi,
This one is reaching its deadline but it's still running (at 100%):
cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000129.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1298201813_4_3



