Long running work unit

Everything about the project RNA World
Nachricht
Autor
Benutzeravatar
Uwe Sänger Herzke
Block-Bunkerer
Block-Bunkerer
Beiträge: 1326
Registriert: 31.05.2006 14:33
Wohnort: Bremen

Re: Long running work unit

#205 Ungelesener Beitrag von Uwe Sänger Herzke » 12.03.2011 12:49

Trotador hat geschrieben:
Sänger hat geschrieben:Mine is this: cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000129.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1298201813_4_16, i.e. #17 of that WU. I'm still a bit away from the deadline (29th it is), but can you tell me the crunch time 'til now? I want to update my BOINC, but can't until that monster is done ;)
Well, don't be in a hurry to update, 465 hours so far... :roll2:
F*#$§&g hell, that's a lot. OK, so no WUProp data from my GPU for another 400h :roll2:
Grüße vom Sänger
Bild Bild Bild

Netrider92

Re: Long running work unit

#206 Ungelesener Beitrag von Netrider92 » 14.03.2011 08:31

jespere que celle la elle vont pouvoir finir

Bild

Benutzeravatar
Norman
Klimawolke
Klimawolke
Beiträge: 2188
Registriert: 20.03.2003 14:34
Wohnort: Saarland

Re: Long running work unit

#207 Ungelesener Beitrag von Norman » 14.03.2011 11:30

bonjour Netrider92, (Bon Anniversaire)
Ce sont des unités de travail spécial, qui peut compter sur des jours ou des semaines.
800-1000 heures ne sont pas rares, mais vous aurez deux fois plus de points si vous pouvez le faire.
la date limite devrait être augmenté par l'administrateur système.
quel système avez-vous?
((S'il vous plaît note! "Laissez les applications en mémoire" doit être activé dans boinc.
si boinc fait une "référence" ou fait la demande sera déplacées.))

yoyo? wurde die deadline schon erhöht ?

Netrider92

Re: Long running work unit

#208 Ungelesener Beitrag von Netrider92 » 15.03.2011 06:15

Bonjour et merci beaucoup :wave:
je suis sous Windows 7 / 64 Bits / I7 860 8 cores 8 Gbt Ram

ID 4976

Trotador
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher
Beiträge: 24
Registriert: 14.03.2010 13:18

Re: Long running work unit

#209 Ungelesener Beitrag von Trotador » 20.03.2011 15:26

Trotador hat geschrieben:Hi,

This one is reaching its deadline but it's still running (at 100%):

cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000129.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1298201813_4_3

I have another one that looks like it will also need more time, at 100% for long time :

cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000131.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1298201813_5_4

Could you extend the deadlines for both units?

Thanks
Finally the first one finished, only 670 h :zzz: but it appears with the "completed can`t validate" label, Is it because is late to the original deadline? No wingmen has finished this unit yet.

Benutzeravatar
Michael H.W. Weber
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Beiträge: 23139
Registriert: 07.01.2002 01:00
Wohnort: Marpurk

Re: Long running work unit

#210 Ungelesener Beitrag von Michael H.W. Weber » 21.03.2011 21:40

Question:
Trotador hat geschrieben:...but it appears with the "completed can`t validate" label, Is it because is late to the original deadline?
Answer:
Trotador hat geschrieben:No wingmen has finished this unit yet.
..and that is why it cannot yet (!) be validated. :wink:

Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.

Bild Bild

[B^S] Dragonstar
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler
Beiträge: 5
Registriert: 22.03.2011 00:51

Re: Long running work unit

#211 Ungelesener Beitrag von [B^S] Dragonstar » 22.03.2011 01:07

Hello all,

I too have a monster work unit...

cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000126.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1287247082_0_61

Right now I'm at 750 hours (100% for the last month) and still crunching :o I've had a couple of power failures but since I'm running it on my laptop the unit never stopped.
My deadline is April 13th and was wondering how much longer it's going to take? I see one person completed unit in ~32,000 secs but I've seen one other aborted at over 2 million secs :o I wish there was a way to find out how much longer!
Also, if I finish other workunits on this laptop and free up the cores will this monster unit use the free cores to finish faster?

Benutzeravatar
Michael H.W. Weber
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Beiträge: 23139
Registriert: 07.01.2002 01:00
Wohnort: Marpurk

Re: Long running work unit

#212 Ungelesener Beitrag von Michael H.W. Weber » 22.03.2011 18:14

[B^S] Dragonstar hat geschrieben:Right now I'm at 750 hours (100% for the last month) and still crunching :o I've had a couple of power failures but since I'm running it on my laptop the unit never stopped.
My deadline is April 13th and was wondering how much longer it's going to take? I see one person completed unit in ~32,000 secs but I've seen one other aborted at over 2 million secs :o I wish there was a way to find out how much longer!
Please provide a URL to that specific WU and your machine, so that we can have a look at the situation. Generally, it is normal for the Intron_gpI WUs to really run VERY long, i.e. up to 1200 hrs. But exact runtimes of course depend on exact specs of the WU. Unfortunately, the runtime prediction routine fails for these Intron_gpI WUs, so the progress bar is not helpful at all. You can check in your taskmanager for progressing CPU runtime of that CMSEARCH task and also post the maximum memory usage consumed so far.
If you run into trouble with the deadline, do not worry - we can extend that. But you need to notify us in time. :D
[B^S] Dragonstar hat geschrieben:Also, if I finish other workunits on this laptop and free up the cores will this monster unit use the free cores to finish faster?
Not with the current version of CMSEARCH.

Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.

Bild Bild

[B^S] Dragonstar
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler
Beiträge: 5
Registriert: 22.03.2011 00:51

Re: Long running work unit

#213 Ungelesener Beitrag von [B^S] Dragonstar » 22.03.2011 23:53

Okay, lets see if I can get this right...
Workunit = http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/workuni ... id=3543332
Computer = http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/show_ho ... ostid=9117

Hope that helps.

I plan to see this monster to its finale! Either I'll crack this monster or my laptop will crack. :P

Benutzeravatar
Michael H.W. Weber
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Beiträge: 23139
Registriert: 07.01.2002 01:00
Wohnort: Marpurk

Re: Long running work unit

#214 Ungelesener Beitrag von Michael H.W. Weber » 23.03.2011 00:07

Well, I am currently working on the same WU. :angel2: The relevant machine ID is 169 and that WU now has run for 306 hrs with a peak RAM consumption of 1.9 GB. It continuously uses 900 MB of RAM. I have a second of that kind running in parallel on the same machine and normally these finish without problems unless someone shuts that machine down. 8)
From what I can see your machine should be capable of completing it successfully, just make sure you do not encounter a power failure or system shut-down and prepare for maybe 1200 hrs of runtime. :lol: :good:

Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.

Bild Bild

[B^S] Dragonstar
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler
Beiträge: 5
Registriert: 22.03.2011 00:51

Re: Long running work unit

#215 Ungelesener Beitrag von [B^S] Dragonstar » 26.03.2011 08:28

Michael H.W. Weber hat geschrieben:Well, I am currently working on the same WU. :angel2: The relevant machine ID is 169 and that WU now has run for 306 hrs with a peak RAM consumption of 1.9 GB. It continuously uses 900 MB of RAM. I have a second of that kind running in parallel on the same machine and normally these finish without problems unless someone shuts that machine down. 8)
From what I can see your machine should be capable of completing it successfully, just make sure you do not encounter a power failure or system shut-down and prepare for maybe 1200 hrs of runtime. :lol: :good:

Michael.
So far I'm at 824 hours with peak RAM at 1.92 GB and 1.03 GB continuous RAM according to my task manager. :roll2:
I'll beat this monster! :snipersmile:

Benutzeravatar
Uwe Sänger Herzke
Block-Bunkerer
Block-Bunkerer
Beiträge: 1326
Registriert: 31.05.2006 14:33
Wohnort: Bremen

Re: Long running work unit

#216 Ungelesener Beitrag von Uwe Sänger Herzke » 26.03.2011 13:21

Trotador hat geschrieben:
Sänger hat geschrieben:
Trotador hat geschrieben:Hi,

This one is reaching its deadline but it's still running (at 100%):

cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000129.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1298201813_4_3
Mine is this: cms_GA[e30-50MB_Lin64f]_Oryza-sativa-Indica-Group_CM000129.lin.EMBL_RF00028_Intron_gpI_1298201813_4_16, i.e. #17 of that WU. I'm still a bit away from the deadline (29th it is), but can you tell me the crunch time 'til now? I want to update my BOINC, but can't until that monster is done ;)
Well, don't be in a hurry to update, 465 hours so far... :roll2:
OK, you did it in 670h, congratz for that :wave: , I'm now at 417h, if I compare our benchmarks, I will crunch for another ~150-200h, that's less than 10 days, yeah! :P
Grüße vom Sänger
Bild Bild Bild

Zurück zu „RNA World Discussions (english)“