Long running work unit
-
Trotador
- Mikrocruncher

- Beiträge: 24
- Registriert: 14.03.2010 13:18
Re: Long running work unit
Btw, I've just realised that I've passed the deadline for this one
http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/result. ... d=11421786
It is now almost in 500 hours, would it be possible to extend the deadline? No one has finished it yet
Thanks for looking at it.
regards,
http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/result. ... d=11421786
It is now almost in 500 hours, would it be possible to extend the deadline? No one has finished it yet
Thanks for looking at it.
regards,
-
mxplm
- Partikel-Strecker

- Beiträge: 966
- Registriert: 14.09.2009 13:56
- Wohnort: Bielefeld
Re: Long running work unit
Deadline extended until 20th of april. happy crunching ;)
EDIT: RNA Page says:
EDIT: RNA Page says:
@yoyo: Does this mean the server already noticed that the Result is too late?Status:Timed out - no response
Server state: Over
Outcome: No reply
-
yoyo
- Vereinsvorstand

- Beiträge: 8167
- Registriert: 17.12.2002 14:09
- Wohnort: Berlin
Re: Long running work unit
Yes, but you can also reset the states of this result:mxplm hat geschrieben:Deadline extended until 20th of april. happy crunching
EDIT: RNA Page says:@yoyo: Does this mean the server already noticed that the Result is too late?Status:Timed out - no response
Server state: Over
Outcome: No reply
(server_state, outcome, client_state, validate_state, delete_state) = (4, 0, 0, 0, 0)
yoyo
-
mxplm
- Partikel-Strecker

- Beiträge: 966
- Registriert: 14.09.2009 13:56
- Wohnort: Bielefeld
Re: Long running work unit
...of course you can... could have thought of that myself ^_^
ok, done.
ok, done.
-
yoyo
- Vereinsvorstand

- Beiträge: 8167
- Registriert: 17.12.2002 14:09
- Wohnort: Berlin
Re: Long running work unit
Did you change it?
yoyo
yoyo
-
MReed
- Task-Killer

- Beiträge: 726
- Registriert: 10.02.2010 22:26
- Wohnort: Berlin
-
mxplm
- Partikel-Strecker

- Beiträge: 966
- Registriert: 14.09.2009 13:56
- Wohnort: Bielefeld
Re: Long running work unit
right ^_^MReed hat geschrieben:@Yoyo::wink:mxplm hat geschrieben:ok, done.
-
zombie67
- Prozessor-Polier

- Beiträge: 121
- Registriert: 26.07.2007 21:58
- Wohnort: Reno, NV
Re: Long running work unit
"Too many error results"zombie67 hat geschrieben:Completed after 876 hours, waiting for a wingman. Only two still in process.
So now what?
Edit: I know tasks don't live in the db forever. So just for the record, my machine claimed 20,676.24.
Team: SETI.USA
-
Uwe Sänger Herzke
- Block-Bunkerer

- Beiträge: 1326
- Registriert: 31.05.2006 14:33
- Wohnort: Bremen
Re: Long running work unit
After 657h the WU finally finished, but got invalidated.Sänger hat geschrieben:I'll do my very bestTrotador hat geschrieben:Go for it, I need a wingmen that finish the WU!!Sänger hat geschrieben: OK, you did it in 670h, congratz for that, I'm now at 417h, if I compare our benchmarks, I will crunch for another ~150-200h, that's less than 10 days, yeah!
![]()
Btw at what clock are you running your processor?
The machine is running at 3.2GHz
It got as well some strange numbers allocated, which I can't see how they were generated:
Run time: 2,365,527.74 (looks fine)
CPU-time: 46,116,860,814,263,600.00 (very odd)
Credit claim: 342,629,280,138,119.00 (Can I have it?
And somehow it got invalidated, perhaps because of that strange numbers.
-
Michael H.W. Weber
- Vereinsvorstand

- Beiträge: 23139
- Registriert: 07.01.2002 01:00
- Wohnort: Marpurk
Re: Long running work unit
Something strange happened with my Introns, too. I had two of these running with runtimes of around 750 hrs. The third was started about 48 hrs ago. Now, the actual CPU time of all three of these WUs is indicated as 35 hrs in the taskmanager.
So, I guess these got a problem when the third WU reached its peak memory demand (which usually happens several hours after start of WU computation). The machine (ID 169, a Phenom II 955 BE) has 8 GB of physical RAM and and a swap file of 24 GB. Apparently this was insufficient and reminds me to never allow more than two of the Intron WUs to be computed at the same time on these types of machines. 
Michael.
Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.


-
yoyo
- Vereinsvorstand

- Beiträge: 8167
- Registriert: 17.12.2002 14:09
- Wohnort: Berlin
Re: Long running work unit
Yes, Boinc server aborts a WU if there are to many error results.zombie67 hat geschrieben:"Too many error results"zombie67 hat geschrieben:Completed after 876 hours, waiting for a wingman. Only two still in process.
So now what?
Edit: I know tasks don't live in the db forever. So just for the record, my machine claimed 20,676.24.
But anyway, I granted you some credits for this result.
yoyo
-
yoyo
- Vereinsvorstand

- Beiträge: 8167
- Registriert: 17.12.2002 14:09
- Wohnort: Berlin
Re: Long running work unit
Which workunit/result was it?Sänger hat geschrieben: After 657h the WU finally finished, but got invalidated.
It got as well some strange numbers allocated, which I can't see how they were generated:
Run time: 2,365,527.74 (looks fine)
CPU-time: 46,116,860,814,263,600.00 (very odd)
Credit claim: 342,629,280,138,119.00 (Can I have it?![]()
)
And somehow it got invalidated, perhaps because of that strange numbers.
yoyo


