Long running work unit

Everything about the project RNA World
Nachricht
Autor
Lem
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher
Beiträge: 29
Registriert: 11.04.2011 20:04

Re: Long running work unit

#373 Ungelesener Beitrag von Lem » 05.03.2012 09:39

I'll most probably need an extension for these workunits:

http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/result. ... d=13685916: reached 100% four days ago, and still going. So who knows...

http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/result. ... d=14156156: it will probably take more than 20 days to finish.

http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/result. ... d=14152325: it will probably take more than 20 days to finish.

Thanks a lot. :)

The follwing looks like it's been already extended, even if in Boinc manager I still read the old deadline. So I should be ok with it:
http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/result. ... d=14157689

Bye.

Benutzeravatar
yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Beiträge: 8167
Registriert: 17.12.2002 14:09
Wohnort: Berlin

Re: Long running work unit

#374 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 05.03.2012 14:15

Extended
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild


Benutzeravatar
yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Beiträge: 8167
Registriert: 17.12.2002 14:09
Wohnort: Berlin

Re: Long running work unit

#376 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 06.03.2012 10:53

Extended
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

sebastien
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler
Beiträge: 6
Registriert: 20.01.2012 13:28

Re: Long running work unit

#377 Ungelesener Beitrag von sebastien » 08.03.2012 21:45

Can you extend this task?

Workunit: http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/workuni ... id=5841441
Result: http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/result. ... d=13716558
Estimated CPU time remaining: 20 days

Thanks

Benutzeravatar
yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Beiträge: 8167
Registriert: 17.12.2002 14:09
Wohnort: Berlin

Re: Long running work unit

#378 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 08.03.2012 22:24

Extended
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

dyeman
Fingerzähler
Fingerzähler
Beiträge: 1
Registriert: 14.02.2010 11:58

Re: Long running work unit

#379 Ungelesener Beitrag von dyeman » 10.03.2012 22:32

Hi can you extend the following work units

14146328 5663781 26 Feb 2012 23:07:56 UTC 17 Mar 2012 23:07:56 UTC
14135774 5844354 22 Feb 2012 14:32:37 UTC 13 Mar 2012 14:32:37 UTC

Thanks!

Benutzeravatar
yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Beiträge: 8167
Registriert: 17.12.2002 14:09
Wohnort: Berlin

Re: Long running work unit

#380 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 10.03.2012 22:46

done
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

ConflictingEmotions

Re: Long running work unit

#381 Ungelesener Beitrag von ConflictingEmotions » 27.03.2012 14:15

Please extend the following WUs as most are about 30% completed (not that seems to mean anything):
5968090 (3 Apr 2012 deadline but 31% done after 258 minutes)
5834781
5833142
5822142
5821098 (74% done)
5973992 (4 Apr 2012 deadline but 37% done after 237 minutes)

Benutzeravatar
yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Beiträge: 8167
Registriert: 17.12.2002 14:09
Wohnort: Berlin

Re: Long running work unit

#382 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 27.03.2012 21:08

Extended.
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

The Knighty NI

Re: Long running work unit

#383 Ungelesener Beitrag von The Knighty NI » 30.03.2012 12:49

Seem to be having a big problem with the CMSearch XXL WU's.

They used to run without any problems on my machine. Not sure what has changed in the last few months since I did them previously.

The timer keeps resetting to zero and the WU's start from scratch. This is especially tricky for the XXL WU's which take longer than 18 hours.

Steps I have taken to try and resolve this are:

1. Reducing XXL WU's in progress concurrently. Now down to three running.
2. Stopped all other projects to ensure maximum resource availability for the XXL's
3. Reset the project by clearing all cached WU's on 20th March.
4. Full cold reboot of system.

I have reset the project so I don't have any XXL's downloading for the time being. Have three WU's which are over 100 hours left to run. If they continue to reset then I will have to abort them. Something I really don't like doing.

Another problem which has been occurring randomly is the aborting of WU's. The aborted WU's are saying "Aborted by user". If you check my record you will see various dates for single WU's being aborted. There is a batch for the 20th March which I did abort in an attempt to reset the project when I did the Cold Reboot. Apart from those I have not aborted any WU's for this project.

Since then no WU's have been randomly Aborted.
XXL WU's are still resetting to zero.

Any other suggestions on what I can do to resolve these issues.

Benutzeravatar
Michael H.W. Weber
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Beiträge: 23139
Registriert: 07.01.2002 01:00
Wohnort: Marpurk

Re: Long running work unit

#384 Ungelesener Beitrag von Michael H.W. Weber » 30.03.2012 16:09

To my kowledge, nothing has been changed at the server end, but Yoyo may comment on this further. I am also unaware of anybody having these issues - really very strange. I myself do run the XXL WUs excessively on different machines but no such problems as of yet.

Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.

Bild Bild

Zurück zu „RNA World Discussions (english)“