I'm preparing the Beta test for the new cmsearch VM application. I'm looking for volunteers that want to try this out. As far as I know, this is the first real implementation of the BOINC VirtualBox feature in public (Test4Theory uses the same technology but has a very different VirtualMachine).
I'm going to deploy a new Linux and Windows application after the server upgrade on Thursday. What you need for this betatest is:
- a 64-bit processor and operating system (Windows or Linux)
- BOINC Version 7.0.x (or newer)
- VirtualBox (v 4.2.16 is recommended)
- at least 2 GB of free hard disk space (allow BOINC to use it!)
- at least 4 GB of RAM (I may lower this if it is a problem)
- a reliable Internet-connection (the initial Download is roughly 180MB)
Join the VirtualBox Beta team on RNAWorld
I read on Test4Theory that VirtualBox 4.2.18 is buggy, so please use 4.2.16 if possible!