Everything about the project RNA World
Nachricht
Autor
STE\/E
PDA-Benutzer
PDA-Benutzer

WU Length

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von STE\/E » 23.01.2010 00:19

I've got 2 Wu's running on a Quad Core 6700 that have been running for close to 4 hr's now, This is much longer than they have bee running plus they both have been showing 100% done for the last hour or so. Should I abort them or what ???

PS: Looks like I have other Wu's doing the same thing on other Box's, they get to 100% & then just keep running for hour's afterwards. I'm suspended the Project for now because this isn't normal behavior for Wu's ...
Bild

scsimodo
Vereinsmitglied
Vereinsmitglied
Re: WU Length

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von scsimodo » 23.01.2010 00:59

PoorBoy hat geschrieben:I've got 2 Wu's running on a Quad Core 6700 that have been running for close to 4 hr's now, This is much longer than they have bee running plus they both have been showing 100% done for the last hour or so. Should I abort them or what ???

PS: Looks like I have other Wu's doing the same thing on other Box's, they get to 100% & then just keep running for hour's afterwards. I'm suspended the Project for now because this isn't normal behavior for Wu's ...
Current WUs seem to run much longer than the last batch. cmsearch WU show the strange behaviour to remain at 100% for a certain time until they finish. My first WU stalls since 30 minutes, guess you should just lean back and wait... :D
Ich habe viel Geld für Alkohol, Weiber und schnelle Autos ausgegeben.
Den Rest hab’ ich einfach nur verprasst.

(George Best, britische Fußball-Legende)

STE\/E
PDA-Benutzer
PDA-Benutzer

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von STE\/E » 23.01.2010 01:03

Okay, I'll let um run & see what happens ...
Bild

vaughan

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von vaughan » 23.01.2010 02:11

I have noticed this too, tasks take much longer now than a couple of days ago and that they sit on 100 percent for hours.

Michael H.W. Weber
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#5 Ungelesener Beitrag von Michael H.W. Weber » 23.01.2010 08:48

Of course it is possible that the new WUS run much longer than the previous set - they are different WUs after all. :D Concerning the observation that a CMSEARCH WU might indicate completion (100% progress bar) but still does not upload is normal, especially if you have previously computed for a different project. BOINC needs to adapt to the new system. So, just let it run for a while and check it out. So far we have no error reports of WUs that were not completed and I observe a similar behaviour on my 955BE Quad. And note: This project might have demands higher than those of others in many terms (running times & RAM requirements). The current WUs should however be of moderate complexity.

Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.

http://signature.statseb.fr I: Kaputte Seite A
http://signature.statseb.fr II: Kaputte Seite B

Bild Bild Bild

Uwe Sänger Herzke
Block-Bunkerer
Block-Bunkerer

#6 Ungelesener Beitrag von Uwe Sänger Herzke » 23.01.2010 10:33

I think it would be better to overestimate the length and fifnish them at 95% but having them running at 100% for a considerably time.
My WUs behave the same way btw.
Grüße vom Sänger
Bild Bild Bild

Michael H.W. Weber
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#7 Ungelesener Beitrag von Michael H.W. Weber » 23.01.2010 12:47

vaughan hat geschrieben:I have noticed this too, tasks take much longer now than a couple of days ago...
Server message concerning WU computing duration:

Code: Alles auswählen

2x 4332 WUs created from CSP[b] , biggest needs 47 hours.
That is true for a single core AMD CPU @2 GHz. Just to give you people a rough estimation on what can be expected. :D

Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.

http://signature.statseb.fr I: Kaputte Seite A
http://signature.statseb.fr II: Kaputte Seite B

Bild Bild Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „RNA World Discussions (english)“