The PlayStation 3 (PS3) is a video game console by Sony, which can be run also with linux (restricted with some features). For applications in distributed computing and grid computing the computing power of this device is useful, though the RAM in the current version is only 256 MB.
Projects with PS3 clients can be found in this category.
On the newest versions of the PS3, the installation of alternative operating systems is prohibited, which constraints the platforms usability for distributed computing.
- PS3 cluster searching for gravitational waves
- projects with a client for the PS3
- game console comparison
- PlayStation 3 as cluster
- Folding@home FAQ for the PS3
- PS3GRID (BOINC for the PlayStation 3)
- Linux on the PlayStation3
- Ubuntu Linux for PS3
- graphical bootloader for PS3
- PS3 disassembled
- tutorial for using BOINC on USB in linux