Everything about the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
zombie67
Prozessor-Polier
Prozessor-Polier

Credits based on calculated GNodes

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von zombie67 » 17.09.2007 06:10

From the latest news: A new validator is in operation which grants credits based on calculated GNodes.

I noticed that this caused my credits to jump from approximately 130k (combination of granted and pending), to 169k.

I am *not* complaining! :D

I am not sure if the old scores were below or above "normal", which is an impossible measure anyway.

But I am interested in knowing how credits are issued under this new system. I see that it is based on GNodes, but I really don't understand how that translated to cobblestones. A little help please?
Team: SETI.USA

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 17.09.2007 09:36

Hello,
also in the last days the credit was 2 * min(claimed1, claimed2). So you got nearly 2 times what you claimed. With the new validator you will get a little bit less than 2 times what you claimed.

How is it calculated (please correct me if I'm wrong):

For OGR-25 exists already a solution. The goal of the project is to verify if this is the smallest or if there are smaller ones. Therefore internally the cruncher creates a search tree. It process this tree. At the end you processed a lot of nodes. Sometimes during processing of the tree the cruncher detects that there will be no smaller OGR-25 than the existing one an aborts the search. Because of this some wus are very short and others are very long.

The credits are now granted based on how many GNodes (giga nodes = stats units) where processed. If you finished a wu you have a file ogr_*_1 in the project directory of Boinc. There you see how many GNodes where processed.

yoyo
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

Wiesel
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von Wiesel » 25.09.2007 10:06

Ich hab auch grad nicht schlecht geschaut als ich meine erste WU fertig gestellt hab:

Sekunden

Claimed

Grantet:

http://www.rechenkraft.net/yoyo/workunit.php?wuid=19146

Es hat auf meinem 1,6 GHz Laptop zwar ewig gedauert, sodas ich schon fast dachte ich schaffs nicht mehr bevor die Deadline abläuft.
Also insgesamt würde ich mich über etwas kürzere WUs freuen.

Gruß Wiesel
Bild I believe in my god given right, to destroy everything in my sight!

magihatfertig
Vereinsmitglied
Vereinsmitglied

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von magihatfertig » 25.09.2007 11:23

Während dein Hobel gerechnet hat sind die WU#s schon um einiges kürzer geworden ;-)

Antworten

Zurück zu „Number crunching“