Bugs and wishes for the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
Coleslaw
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher

Project Preferences

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von Coleslaw » 25.02.2013 16:15

In the project preferences where we select which sub projects we want to contribute to, we don't have the option "when no selected apps are available send work from anything else". Other projects have this. For the badge hunters, this is a necessary option. Especially when projects are about to end. It also applies to those who want to support specific apps, but don't want the CPU's to sit idle when work is not available. Could you please add this selection?
Bild

Pooh Bear 27
Taschenrechner
Taschenrechner

Re: Project Preferences

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von Pooh Bear 27 » 09.06.2013 23:15

Why does Yoyo not allow itself to be a backup project? I cannot set resource share to 0, which makes it a backup project. It goes back to default of 100. This is really a turn-off for those of us who are willing to help on occasions when our main crunching project is down.

Pooh Bear 27
Taschenrechner
Taschenrechner

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von Pooh Bear 27 » 27.06.2013 11:10

I see there is no reply to my inquiry, but I did some digging. You are on very old code that does not have the resource share 0 for backup capabilities. I am sure your code is highly modified and upgrading would be a very hard thing, since you are running several separate projects off the same sets of servers. This makes it rough for people like me who like to keep some projects as backups. With my current goals on other project it means I have to use others as backups instead of Yoyo. I'll still crunch on the ARM device for now, as my main ARM project is under revamp, but once that comes back I will not be doing Yoyo for a while, most likely.

ChristianB
Admin
Admin

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von ChristianB » 27.06.2013 17:49

You are right that yoyo@home is running on old code (maybe the oldest one around) but it is running. Upgrading is a very crucial task and was discussed a lot internally. At the moment we don't have the manpower (mainly time) to do a safe upgrade that will not break the whole project. Until that changes we keep it as it is and implement only security patches.

Beyond
Prozessor-Polier
Prozessor-Polier

#5 Ungelesener Beitrag von Beyond » 12.07.2013 20:14

My understanding is that Yoyo uses a lot of customizations to the basic BOINC server code. All I can say is that this is one of the most trouble free projects around.
Treat yourselves to some :popcorn: and of course some :beer: .

Antworten

Zurück zu „Fehler, Wünsche / Bugs, Wishes“