Everything about the project RNA World
Nachricht
Autor
Jacob Klein
Brain-Bug
Brain-Bug

Re: Request for Task Validation Maintenance

#73 Ungelesener Beitrag von Jacob Klein » 07.12.2022 18:19

I have 0 tasks running outside of BOINC, and 1 long-running task running inside of BOINC.
I have ~48 CPU cores across 7 PCs that could run a task outside of BOINC, in case you'd to manually run any.
Do you have any, or want to coordinate? I am willing to help.

Fardringle
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher

#74 Ungelesener Beitrag von Fardringle » 08.12.2022 04:46

I have two computers running Linux on 14 core Xeon processors, another computer running Windows on a 6 core Xeon processor (that will be a 12 core once my one current RNA task is completed on that machine), and a 12 core AMD 3900X running Windows that are all dedicated to running tasks for various BOINC projects. I would be willing to put them to use running some of your offline/VM tasks if you need additional computing power.

I have been running distributed computing projects since the early days of the original SETI@Home project, and I try to contribute at least a little bit to every project in BOINC, so I'm very much aware of the communication (or lack of it) in various projects. And I joined RNA@Home in February of 2010 so I'm not actually a new member here, although I have not participated in the forums very much. My previous comment about an apparent lack of interest by project devs was in large part due to the continuing requests for help in this thread, without much resolution. I absolutely understand that people have lives and don't expect anyone to spend all of their time babysitting a project. But it is nice to get feedback at least once in a while in response to the time, effort, and money (for computers and electricity) that we donate to the projects.

Michael H.W. Weber
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#75 Ungelesener Beitrag von Michael H.W. Weber » 08.12.2022 09:34

Fardringle hat geschrieben:
06.12.2022 06:42
On the bright side, some of those monster tasks that we completed in the last few months and that had been sitting with a failed validation status were just validated today, so it looks like someone on the 'inside' was able to get them fixed!
Yes. I got in touch with Christian last Monday night. :D

Regarding external running of tasks I will come back to you guys in case we need some help.

Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.

http://signature.statseb.fr I: Kaputte Seite A
http://signature.statseb.fr II: Kaputte Seite B

Bild Bild Bild

Jacob Klein
Brain-Bug
Brain-Bug

#76 Ungelesener Beitrag von Jacob Klein » 08.12.2022 12:39

Thanks. We will definitely help run those outside of BOINC! We are trying to be patient, but it is very difficult. I would love to see monthly validation maintenance done, and I don't think that's unreasonable. Most months would have nothing to validate. But over the years, it has piled up. Again, trying to be patient. Let us know how to help.

Antworten

Zurück zu „RNA World Discussions (english)“