Bugs and wishes for the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
skgiven
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher

Re: evolution@home: known problems

#13 Ungelesener Beitrag von skgiven » 01.06.2011 11:08

I have an E@H task at 112% (11.5h on an i7-920 @3GHz), and would like to reboot system.
The time to completion is "---"; not very helpful!

Would be useful to have a table of completion times on different CPUs/systems to have some idea of when it will finish. In the past I have seen some tasks over 300% (maybe not E@H).
Bild

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#14 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 01.06.2011 12:08

I don't know about any task which runs over 200%. Most of them are finished latest at 130%.
yoyo
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

Dr Who Fan
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

#15 Ungelesener Beitrag von Dr Who Fan » 11.01.2014 03:21

I had a workunit http://www.rechenkraft.net/yoyo/result. ... d=23870625 that I finally aborted because EVERY TIME it goes to 100% it RESET back to 0 minutes and 0%.
The common thing that keeps repeating I see in the error report is:

Code: Alles auswählen

wrapper: starting
running S005r6gSimulatorWin32.exe
No heartbeat from core client for 30 sec - exiting
wrapper: delete file ' IntermediateResult'
wrapper: delete file 'position_in_run_file.txt'
Total waste of CPU TIME.

Dr Who Fan
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

#16 Ungelesener Beitrag von Dr Who Fan » 11.01.2014 03:46

Don't know if this is a DUPE post - for some reason my original post has disappeared into the ether...

I just aborted a EVO task that kept restarting when it got to 100% and resetting the time and % completed to 0's. (Very frustrating after 8 restarts when reaching 100%).

Link to "broken" task: resultid=23870625

This is what I see on the error output linking to the task:
wrapper: delete file ' IntermediateResult'
wrapper: delete file 'position_in_run_file.txt'

Vzik
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

#17 Ungelesener Beitrag von Vzik » 17.05.2015 15:55

Hi everybody!
I unfortunately did not understand how to attach a picture to a message, but task Muon is computing 189,526.672% for 74:32 hours on the computer P4 3GHz and progress. Is it normaly?

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#18 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 17.05.2015 16:42

This is not normal. Abort it.

Bild Bild

Vzik
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

#19 Ungelesener Beitrag von Vzik » 17.05.2015 17:17

I want dirty curse, but will refrain. And it is during the pentathlon :bad:
Thanks for the answer.

costa
Fingerzähler
Fingerzähler

#20 Ungelesener Beitrag von costa » 25.07.2015 13:09

Hallo Team
Ich habe kürzlich entdeckt große Strömung in der Evolution Aufgaben I auszuführen.
Dann Computer neu zu starten I oder einfach nur neu zu starten BOINC-Manager alle meine Aufgaben auf Null gesetzt werden, so dass sie alle starrten immer wieder und wieder als compuetr neu gestartet.
Wie ich verlor somit Hunderte von Maschinenstunden seiner überhaupt nicht gut und erfordern Nachbesserung bitte so bald wie möglich.
Ich mag zu Evolutionsforschung zu tun, aber verschwenden Maschine Stunden sind überhaupt nicht gut.
Versionen von BOINC-Manager habe ich meist den letzten 7.4.2, 7.4.6 etc.
Könnte jemand einen Blick so schnell wie möglich und informieren Sie mich, denn das ist wirklich enttäuschend, und ich muss ganze Projekt heruntergefahren, und habe Hunderte von Ergebnissen nicht gut verloren. Sehr frustrierend.
Vielen Dank
-----------------------
Hello team
I recently discovered big flow in evolution tasks I execute.
Then I restart computer or just restart BOINC manager all my tasks are zeroed so they all staring over again and again as compuetr reboots.
As I lost therefore hundreds of machine hours its no good at all and require rectification please asap.
I like to do evolution research but wasting machine hours are not good at all.
Versions of boinc manager I have mostly recent 7.4.2, 7.4.6 etc
Could someone take a look asap and inform me, cause this is really disappointing and I have to shut down whole project and you've lost hundreds of results no good. Very frustrating.
Thanks

costa
Fingerzähler
Fingerzähler

#21 Ungelesener Beitrag von costa » 26.07.2015 02:10

Auch ich habe andere Bug entdeckt - dann habe ich deaktivieren Run nur die ausgewählten Anwendungen in
Bearbeiten Sie yoyo @ home Vorlieben und klicken Sie auf "Speichern", sie alle zurückkommen, so konnte ich nicht die Auswahl der Projekte möchte ich es schaffen oder nicht wollen, zu laufen
-----------------------------

Also I've discovered other bug - then I untick Run only the selected applications in
Edit yoyo@home preferences and click "Save" they all come back, so I couldn't manage selection of projects I want or dont want to run

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#22 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 26.07.2015 19:13

This works as expected in my case. If you untick all this is not possible and it changes back and selects all applications. I also tested to untick all but select evo. Even this works.

Bild Bild

Retnek
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

#23 Ungelesener Beitrag von Retnek » 18.07.2016 09:42

yoyo hat geschrieben:This works as expected in my case. If you untick all this is not possible and it changes back and selects all applications. I also tested to untick all but select evo. Even this works.
I'm sorry to support Costas report. I frequently made the experience my choice of yoyo-projects was overwritten by an unknown process X and all the sub-projects were activated again. More an inconvenience than a bug, but it's not working as intended, so it might point on a problem. I'm using BAM (https://boincstats.com/de/bam/account/) to manage my clients, maybe that's a factor? Usually the reset of my personal preferences happens within one or two days, but I wasn't able to correlate it with any certain event.

Thanks, Ulrich

Retnek
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

#24 Ungelesener Beitrag von Retnek » 05.07.2017 08:25

Retnek hat geschrieben:
yoyo hat geschrieben:This works as expected in my case. If you untick all this is not possible and it changes back and selects all applications. I also tested to untick all but select evo. Even this works.
I'm sorry to support Costas report. I frequently made the experience my choice of yoyo-projects was overwritten by an unknown process X and all the sub-projects were activated again. More an inconvenience than a bug, but it's not working as intended, so it might point on a problem. I'm using BAM (https://boincstats.com/de/bam/account/) to manage my clients, maybe that's a factor? Usually the reset of my personal preferences happens within one or two days, but I wasn't able to correlate it with any certain event.

Thanks, Ulrich
Problem still remains ... my project preferences are overwritten from time to time. Maybe this happens when I change the value for "resource share"?

Antworten

Zurück zu „Fehler, Wünsche / Bugs, Wishes“