Gomez Peer Processing Time Question

This subforum is dedicated to our english speaking friends.
Nachricht
Autor
TheGameMen

Gomez Peer Processing Time Question

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von TheGameMen » 02.11.2006 22:23

Hi !

I have a question about Gomez Peer.
Im an active peer and i dont know how to get processing time.
Sometimes when im doing nothing im getting processing time, i get excited and start up programs which use CPU to keep processing time, but this doesnt work.
So can anybady tell me how to get processing time on gomez peer ?
Thanks

WTBroughton

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von WTBroughton » 01.08.2007 13:09

It takes quite a while to build up enough online time for Gomez to send enough processing to make it worthwhile. I have nearly 2½ years online time and have now accrued $60.19. $60 / 30 months = $2 a month approx.
My current ranking is 2441. The higher the ranking the more processing you receive.

I run Gomez on three PC's (processing is negligable so old low spec PC's are fine). Currently today, the start of a new month I have 20 cents earned. If you do not earn $5 a month it is carried over to the next month.
I'm afraid there is nothing you can do your end to increase earnings other than run more PC's to get more online time or build up credit through referrals.

Hope this answers your question

Cheers

FisoDuck

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von FisoDuck » 29.05.2008 11:04

That is absolutely wrong and nonsense what WTBroughton would tell you...
The proccesing-time does NOT depend on the rank you have got!!!
If you have a look at the gomez-peer website you can see, that the processing-time depends on the following points:

- in which country do you live (US-citizens are much more prefered than Europe one's
- and the most important factor: the lower the bandwith the higher is processing-time!!!

Regards
Fisoduck

nico
Vereinsmitglied
Vereinsmitglied
#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von nico » 29.05.2008 11:22

WTBroughton hat geschrieben:I run Gomez on three PC's (processing is negligable so old low spec PC's are fine).
Where the energy costs exceed the income by a factor of what? 100? 1000? :uhoh:
Bild

DangerNerd
Taschenrechner
Taschenrechner
Re: Gomez Peer Processing Time Question

#5 Ungelesener Beitrag von DangerNerd » 23.08.2008 05:08

To those of you in this thread that actively run the Gomez Peering client, have you had any conflicts with yoyo@home, boinc in general or the various clients yoyo@home wraps?

The whole thing makes me a bit nervous, so I will turn to those wiser than myself. :-)

Thank you.
Smart people wanted to give advice to people who could really use your help: How do you help?

achims311
CPU-Load-Pusher
CPU-Load-Pusher

#6 Ungelesener Beitrag von achims311 » 26.08.2008 15:06

DangerNerd hat geschrieben:To those of you in this thread that actively run the Gomez Peering client, have you had any conflicts with yoyo@home, boinc in general or the various clients yoyo@home wraps?
No.
Nothing I'm aware of.

DangerNerd
Taschenrechner
Taschenrechner

#7 Ungelesener Beitrag von DangerNerd » 27.08.2008 11:18

[quote="achims311No.
Nothing I'm aware of.[/quote]

Thank you for the response. Will give it a try then and see how it goes. :good:
Smart people wanted to give advice to people who could really use your help: How do you help?

Antworten

Zurück zu „English subforum“