Datum für den Weltrekord steht fest!!!

ChessBrain, Chess960@home und andere Schachprojekte
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Gast

Datum für den Weltrekord steht fest!!!

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von Gast » 28.11.2003 22:03

It is with great pleasure that I announce that our journey is nearly complete.

Yesterday, ChessBrain's Peter Wilson met with David Hawksett at the Guinness World Record Office in London. The purpose of the meeting was to formalize our intentions in person, at the World Record Office. We've been in contact with the world record office for over a year, and they have been supportive of our intentions. We now have confirmation that the world record office recognizes our attempt and eagerly awaits validation. Peter is a wonderful individual who has helped us complete one of the most important milestones in our journey.

In addition to the blessing from the World Record Office we also have an established venue. ChessBrain has always been an international project. While it's true that the primary server resides in the US, the network of machines (PeerNodes) span over 50 countries. It is for this reason that I'm delighted to announce that ChessBrain will play against Chess Grandmaster Peter Nielsen on Friday January 30th 2004 live at the 6th annual NordU USENIX 2004 conference in Copenhagen. So our world record attempt will take place in Europe!
komplette Ankündigung: hier

spaetz

Michael H.W. Weber
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von Michael H.W. Weber » 29.11.2003 10:06

Nicht schlecht...

Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.

http://signature.statseb.fr I: Kaputte Seite A
http://signature.statseb.fr II: Kaputte Seite B

Bild Bild Bild

Pascal

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von Pascal » 10.12.2003 19:42

C.J hat geschrieben:Well… it’s finally official! Our world record attempt will take place during a live exhibition game against Chess Grandmaster Peter Nielsen on Friday January 30th 2004 at the 6th annual NordU USENIX 2004 conference in Copenhagen.

Last year NordU conference Programme Chairman, Kenneth Geisshirt invited ChessBrain to attend the 5th annual NordU conference. Sadly, we had to turn down the offer because ChessBrain simply wasn’t prepared for a live exhibition.

This year Kenneth reiterated his invitation and we’ve accepted! Soon after receiving a written letter from the NordU organizers, ChessBrain organizer, Peter Wilson attended a meeting at the World Record office in London with David Hawksett of the Science and Technology division. The World Records Office recognizes our attempt and we now understand the parameters of our attempt. We’ll proceed to meet the stated requirements in preparation for the live attempt in Copenhagen.

Personally, I’m delighted that the event will take place in Europe. I’ve stated for years now that ChessBrain is an international project, and I’ve always been grateful for the support that the project has received abroad.

Visit http://www.nordu.org/NordU2004/ to learn more about the conference. I have the pleasure of presenting a talk entitled, “Harnessing distributed computing power” under the Cluster program track.

We have a number of important decisions to consider. Because ChessBrain is a non-profit project we actually have to raise the funds to attend the conference. We're currently speaking to potential sponsors, however, if you know of a business which might be interested in being a corporate sponsor please encourage them to send an email to info@chessbrain.net

One of the requirements (from the Guinness World Record office) is that we put together a team that will validate our attempt. If you know of an individual who is a chairman of a university computer science program, member of ACM etc... Please encourage him/her to contact us at info@chessbrain.net I’d like to see organized groups in several universities participate during the live event. We’re looking at ways to connect each remote validation team in a live real-time display during the event!

We need to consider what to do with the current stats. Should we roll them over to the world record attempt, or should we end the current stats (call them stage two stats) and start fresh with stage three stats during the event. The issue is worth debating. My goal is to create a new and potentially separate database, which list all of the people who contributed to the actual world record attempt during the day it takes place, January 30th 2003 at 5PM (GMT+1). Naturally, DC teams have a strong vested interest here… so I hope to see feedback on the TEAMS and STATS forums:
http://www.chessbrain.net/bbs/viewforum.php?f=14
http://www.chessbrain.net/bbs/viewforum.php?f=15

A representative from the top 5 teams will each receive a framed certificate or lamented plaque. In addition, each member (both team and non team members) will receive a certificate thanking you for contributing to an official world record!

Another critically important issue is that everyone who wishes to be counted must download our new software client… the problem at the moment is that it isn’t ready for release at this time. However, our experimental software forum continues to host the very latest core versions. Please test the latest clients on as many machines as you can! A stable client is our only real chance at pulling off a world record. We’ve come too far… let’s make sure we do the best we can!

The new 21201 clients are currently posted for all supported platforms. This is a major upgrade over the April 2002 releases.
http://www.chessbrain.net/bbs/viewforum.php?f=19

Finally, I want to thank all of our past and present contributors. You are the reason we have this opportunity! Congratulations

- CJ
..der Vollständigkeit halber. Ich denke, es wäre wirklich schön, wenn möglichst viele von uns dabei mitmischen würden. Und bis 30. Januar ist ja noch viel Zeit, bis sich's rumgesprochen hat....

Bommer
Vielrechner
Vielrechner

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von Bommer » 11.12.2003 08:19

Hallo

Dann lasst halt mal den Client schon mal Probelaufen. Der braucht auch nur ein paar Sekunden für eine WU. Flat ist bei dem Projekt aber Pflicht, also nicht für alle geeignet. Aber während den Chatten zum Beispiel auch mal laufen lassen......

Mfg Bommer

Antworten

Zurück zu „Schach“