Nachricht
Autor

Gibson Praise
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher
Re: No credit for error wu

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von Gibson Praise » 22.02.2016 09:29

Hi Pag,

1) Task 14950968 only totaled 25 seconds of CPU time. I believe there is a current minimum (10 minutes?) time to accrue points.
2) I believe the project runs the process to accrue points for failed attempts runs every month or two, so patience is a virtue, :angel2:

.. and as a side note, actually completing a unit for the first time then requires patience untold for a wingman to complete the 2nd part of the quorum. :zzz:

On a more useful side note: You are running a second workunit. Your first wu ( 14950968 ) had ~25 seconds of CPU time yet 8.5 hours of run time. That should be more even. I would investigate your current unit.

Second, you appear to have 5GB of memory. Do NOT attempt to run more than one wu for this project. RNA requires and reserves 3G of memory (even if it does not use it). If other programs (gaming, system, CAD, etc.) infringe on that memory .. "error while computing" is a common result.

Cheers,
g
Bild

Gibson Praise
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von Gibson Praise » 24.02.2016 07:23

Gibson Praise hat geschrieben:reserves 3G of memory ..
per wu.

(would have edited my earlier post but for some reason I could not.)

Jacob Klein
Brain-Bug
Brain-Bug

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von Jacob Klein » 24.02.2016 14:54

I have 1 RNA World VM task that actually reserved 3.73 GB, though it might be a task misconfiguration, not sure. But yes, most of the RNA World VM tasks are setup to use 3.00 GB each. And, in general, I don't recommend running any other BOINC VM tasks alongside them, since it increases the risk of getting an error on your "monster" RNA World task(s).

You can run multiple RNA World VM tasks on the same PC, assuming you have enough RAM and have configured BOINC to use it... but that also increases the risks, obviously.

Antworten

Zurück zu „RNA World Discussions (english)“