Nachricht
Autor
sslickerson
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

Conflict between PS3Grid and YoYo?

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von sslickerson » 28.02.2008 02:35

Hello everyone--

I have been having problems completing PS3GRID work units *after* a YoYo workunit has been interrupted (ie. to upload a finished WU or to restart a PS3Grid WU). I am wondering if anyone has been having similar problems.

I have the setting "leave application in memory" unchecked in my preferences for the PS3 but at times it appears that as a YoYo WU is stopped (so a PS3GRID WU can begin) the CPU is not completely released to the other project. I believe there is some conflict between these two applications because of the CPU behavior. Often times YoYo shows 3 to 6 separate processes taking equal shares of the CPU. Is it possible that the SPE's are not being released as they should?

For example: PS3GRID WU typically consume between 115%-130% CPU if it is not interrupted by a YoYo WU. As a YoYo WU starts the PS3GRID WU is taken out of memory and YoYo WU begins to process. If the PS3Grid WU begins again it usually is taking far less than 100% CPU and usually it is taking CPU cycles but the WU becomes corrupt (ie. it must be aborted).

In the past, YoYo WU have become corrupt as well and were be aborted. The worst part is that if either project has a WU that must be aborted then the whole BOINC manager becomes corrupt. At this point the only way to get back to normal operations is to uninstall/reinstall BOINC and then reattach to YOYO and PS3GRID again. Also, restarting the PS3 or resetting the project have no effect, the *only* way to fix the problem is to do a complete reinstall.

If anyone is having similar problems please respond in this thread so I can come to some conclusion regarding the failure rate on my PS3. There are others at PS3Grid who are experiencing similar issues and the only similarity between our failure rates is YoYo@home. Hopefully we can determine if this is A) a YoYo/PS3GRID compatibility issue, B) a BOINC Manager issue or C) a PS3 Hardware issue.

Thanks for your help

Timothy

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 28.02.2008 08:56

Hello,
currently such problems are not known to me. It is also mysterious that there are 3 to 6 yoyo processes with equal CPU share are running. For yoyo only a wrapper and a cruncher should run. The wrapper should consume nearly 0 CPU, the cruncher should consume it.
Also if the application is removed from memory it should no more occupy any SPE.
yoyo
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „Number crunching“