Everything about the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
Conan
XBOX360-Installer
XBOX360-Installer

Collatz Application

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von Conan » 15.08.2017 01:49

Where do you get the Collatz application from and how do you add it to your app_info file?

If it just downloads which it appears to do then I need the files names that have to be added to my app_info file so that I can run all YOYO applications.

I am just getting errors at the moment with [error] State File Error: Missing Application Collatz and [error] Can't Handle Task + [error] State File Error: Missing Task.

So the downloads are all failing for me and I end up with ghost work units on my account list that I do not have and can't run.

Conan
Bild

scole of TSBT
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

Re: Collatz Application

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von scole of TSBT » 15.08.2017 14:32

Is your AV program or a firewall blocking it?

EDIT: I think I misunderstood the question. If you are already running yoyo using an app_info.xml. save off your files, detach and run native so new files download, then re-install your anonymous app files.

hanev001
Fingerzähler
Fingerzähler

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von hanev001 » 19.08.2017 09:36

I just recieved my first Collatz result with a very short return time of 1 day.

Is there a reason for that? If not please make it a bit longer.

etatto
Fingerzähler
Fingerzähler

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von etatto » 19.08.2017 10:00

I'm also searching to add the Collatz application to my local app_info since I'm running the other projects on Linux with Wine.
Thanks.

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#5 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 19.08.2017 17:50

hanev001 hat geschrieben:I just recieved my first Collatz result with a very short return time of 1 day.

The reason is not to have to much workunits in the DB on the server. This causes more IOPS on the disk. So deadline stays at 1 day. Your computer should need not more then 6 hours for it, usually much less.
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

Michael H.W. Weber
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#6 Ungelesener Beitrag von Michael H.W. Weber » 19.08.2017 23:00

yoyo hat geschrieben:Your computer should need not more then 6 hours for it, usually much less.
Wrong. Around noon, I already had tasks with >8hrs run time.

Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.

http://signature.statseb.fr I: Kaputte Seite A
http://signature.statseb.fr II: Kaputte Seite B

Bild Bild Bild

hanev001
Fingerzähler
Fingerzähler

#7 Ungelesener Beitrag von hanev001 » 20.08.2017 07:46

yoyo hat geschrieben:
hanev001 hat geschrieben:I just recieved my first Collatz result with a very short return time of 1 day.

The reason is not to have to much workunits in the DB on the server. This causes more IOPS on the disk. So deadline stays at 1 day. Your computer should need not more then 6 hours for it, usually much less.
Having this short a return time will increase the number of database records because of sending out extra copies for results not returned on time. To keep number of database records low try setting a limit on the number of results a host can have in progress.

den777
Fingerzähler
Fingerzähler

#8 Ungelesener Beitrag von den777 » 20.08.2017 15:00

Why all tasks finish with "Client detached" error? What is that? I cant see any errors from my side, all tasks finished and reported as usual. Fix this.

Conan
XBOX360-Installer
XBOX360-Installer

#9 Ungelesener Beitrag von Conan » 22.08.2017 05:58

etatto hat geschrieben:I'm also searching to add the Collatz application to my local app_info since I'm running the other projects on Linux with Wine.
Thanks.
G'Day etatto,

I copied all the Project folder to another location, removed the app_info.xml file from the working project folder, then restarted BOINC and got the new executable for the Collatz WUs. Then I set to no new work and added the Collatz exe file to my app_info.xml file (user friendly name is collatz), added this back into the project folder, then stopped and restarted BOINC again, allowed new work.

All is working OK for me.

Conan
Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „Number crunching“