Everything about the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
Grocket
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

Client detached error

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von Grocket » 03.08.2017 23:43

I am trying to set up four more odroid xu4 for yoyo@home. I used a working odroid backup image with boinc installed and restored the new odroid memory modules with it.

After they were all flashed, I opened boinc on each odroid, removed yoyo@home and all current tasks, then signed back up to yoyo@home with the email Ive used for all projects, and updated.

However, I am getting client detached errors when I look through my results page and only one odroid id shows up on the my computers page(It shows the two desktops and one odroid but not the other 4 odroids).

Is there a simple way to rectify this?

edit: apparently there were ALOT of these detached client errors. When I intially set up each odroid they seemed to download and run tasks just fine, sorry if this was a hassle. Just want to boinc!

edit2: I also just notice that when I click on recent odroid Workunit ID details, two show up, one that says client detached, and a later one that shows it as done with completed credit, so maybe it is working, im unsure.

Grocket
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

Re: Client detached error

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von Grocket » 04.08.2017 18:34

Gonna reply with some updated info.

Ive stopped boinc on all odroids save for one. On this I reset yoyo@home and updated yoyo@home. yoyo@home fetched tasks and started running on all 8 cores. After 10 minutes or so I hit update again for yoyo and when I did this all 8 tasks reported that they were aborted by project.

Is this a problem with yoyo thinking all five odroids are the same cpu? I thought removing and adding yoyo again would help but it didnt seem to do anything.

Do CPIDs for individual hosts under my BAM account need to be the same as my account CPID? My account CPID still shows the same one ive been using for awhile, but when I click on hosts there a different CPID listed.

I get the feeling this is a BOINC/BAM problem and maybe not a yoyo problem, any help welcome, and if I figure it out ill post here just in case someone else has a similar prob.

My cpid is 78cca06accc3dd010c21839794a9f64c

Roland Schneider
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von Roland Schneider » 04.08.2017 21:30

Grocket hat geschrieben: Is this a problem with yoyo thinking all five odroids are the same cpu? I thought removing and adding yoyo again would help but it didnt seem to do anything.
Yes, because you used the same backup for all your odroids, Boinc cannot differentiate between the hosts. Changing only the hostname is not enough to make the hosts unique for the server.
Unfortunately I do not know what Boinc checks to verify different hosts.

ChristianB
Admin
Admin

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von ChristianB » 05.08.2017 00:19

BOINC uses the MAC address of the network interface when installed to generate a host-CPID. By cloning the installation you copied this host-CPID. You need to install BOINC on every Odroid or delete the client_state.xml file in your image and attach to your projects after starting the image on every odroid.

Grocket
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

#5 Ungelesener Beitrag von Grocket » 05.08.2017 03:08

Thank you both.
...or delete the client_state.xml file in your image and attach to your projects after starting the image on every odroid.
So delete client_state.xml on each odroid then reattach yoyo@home project on each odroid. Excellent, thanks.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Number crunching“