Everything about the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
Grocket
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

Odroid xu4, ubuntu, and ecm705.1 Waiting for memory

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von Grocket » 14.07.2017 05:59

Ive set a 8gb swap file, but the ecm 705.1 tasks are not using it. Is this for a reason or did I mess up the swap file stuff possibly?

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Re: Odroid xu4, ubuntu, and ecm705.1 Waiting for memory

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 14.07.2017 07:15

You didn't tell about which hostID or wuid you are talking. So it is difficuilt to say something.
There are some ECM arround which need up to 10 GB RAM otheres needs up to 1,8 GB RAM.
At sometime they allocate that amount of memory, means that amount must be free in RAM.
If the system has nothing to swap out, then more swap doesn't help.
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

Grocket
Idle-Sammler
Idle-Sammler

Re: Odroid xu4, ubuntu, and ecm705.1 Waiting for memory

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von Grocket » 15.07.2017 03:25

Sorry. Is my hostID the same as my cpid?

It seems to happen with the ecm 705.1 that requires 1.8gb ram(I have not had any wu that required more). They wait for RAM instead of using swap file it seems, but I am very new to ubuntu so maybe there is nothing wrong. I thought I read a forum post saying that swap file can be used to prevent waiting for memory.

edit: Also with three days experience using ubuntu I may have made an error creating the swap file. In the BOINC manager disk usage tab my swap file is not available to BOINC it shows (12.66gb used by other programs and the remainder of storage space available: free available to BOINC)

I hope this makes sense lol if not its not a big deal as the wu are finishing at any rate, thanks for any help!

Antworten

Zurück zu „Number crunching“