Everything about the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
wise-alec
Fingerzähler
Fingerzähler

Problem running yoyo ecm 705.02 - WU seem frozen

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von wise-alec » 19.01.2017 11:48

I'm running several PCs with BOINC Manager/BAM with several projects. All project are doing fine - except yoyo suddenly)!
Yoyo ecm 705.02 WUs have ALL stopped working? They seem to be frozen after issuing/doing SUSPEND (yoyo)/BOINC EXIT/PC SHUTDOWN/PC RESTART/BOINC/RESUME (yoyo).
PROGRESS shows (on one PC as example) for ALL yoyo WUs (3) a permanent 60.000% and REMAINING TIME shows as 05:16:19. The ELAPSED TIME 8+ hours is nicely increasing.
The PCs seem to be crunching like mad (varying CPU loads). No other tasks/jobs/whatever are running on these PCs.
I'm using BOINC Manager 7.6.33 (x64) and Win7 with different intels and GPUs.
Should I ABORT these? Or wait another 5 to 8 hours?
Thanks - Regards.

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Re: Problem running yoyo ecm 705.02 - WU seem frozen

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 19.01.2017 17:54

If this workunit still consumes CPU everything is fine.
You can also check the slot folder for this workunit. There should be a checkpnt file which isn't very old.

Can you make a screenshoot of your boincmanger to see those workunits and also their names?
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

wise-alec
Fingerzähler
Fingerzähler

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von wise-alec » 21.01.2017 10:53

In the meantime all the "seemingly frozen" WUs on all my PCs have finished. So sorry for my impatience!

Is the "freezing" of the "%" and "estimated" column in BOIN Manager a BUG or a FEATURE of "yoyo"?
For me (and perhaps for other/all "newbie" users) very annoying.

Thanks for your quick and foundated answer.
But I would like to point out, very hesitatingly, that I certainly may be a qualified expert in certain computer subjects (more mainframes, less on PCs and even more less on BOINC), but I absolutely don't know what a "slot folder" is!
A screen shot would not/does not pose a problem for me, but since my question has desolved itself into "thin air", I would suggest to "drop" my falsly evaluated situation.

THANKS for your time - have a nice day.

gemini8
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von gemini8 » 21.01.2017 14:00

As far as I understood from a talk with yoyo, at least some of the workunits do several tasks in succession and update the percentage of what is done only after each task which is finished.

The slot folders are the folders Boinc uses for each core plus graphics cards plus virtual box (dual-core = two slots, gpu one, slot, virtual box one slot - maybe more slots if you use your gpu for two tasks simultaneously or have several instances of vbox running).
Gruß, Jens
- - - - - -
Lowend-User und Teilzeit-Cruncher

Bild Bild Bild
Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „Number crunching“