new to yoyo and having a little problem?

Fehler und Wünsche zum Projekt yoyo@home
Bugs and wishes for the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
shepard68

new to yoyo and having a little problem?

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von shepard68 » 04.05.2012 10:37

Hi guys

I have been involved with computer networking for a bit but I,m new to yoyo@home and I am having a problem with 2 of the projects i joined...

I am running both Muon and evolution@home but as the WU runs i am getting APP-SUSPENDED flashing on screen while the screensaver is running but the workunits appear to complete. I would like to know if i,m doing something wrong or is it a glitch? I am involved with several other projects on BOINC (SETI, Rosetta etc..) and i,m not getting it on any of them at all.

your help would be appreciated!

Thanks

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
Re: new to yoyo and having a little problem?

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 04.05.2012 11:40

The most common reason is, that Boinc just suspended one task while running an other one. The screensaver shows all tasks which have used some cpu time. Therefore it might be that the screensaver just shows an suspended task while Boinc runs a different one.

To get more light into it:
- how many cores does your PC have?
- change into the advanced view of Boinc and look into the task view. There you can see how many tasks are active.

yoyo
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

shepard68

Re: new to yoyo and having a little problem?

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von shepard68 » 04.05.2012 12:25

yoyo hat geschrieben:The most common reason is, that Boinc just suspended one task while running an other one. The screensaver shows all tasks which have used some cpu time. Therefore it might be that the screensaver just shows an suspended task while Boinc runs a different one.

To get more light into it:
- how many cores does your PC have?
- change into the advanced view of Boinc and look into the task view. There you can see how many tasks are active.

yoyo
- Went into sytem and it says I have 2 cores/4 logical processors
- checked advanced view on boinc and there is 3 work units (2 evolution@home and 1 muon) at various stages of completion.

thanks for the info and it probably is just what you said but I thought I would ask just to be sure. :)

Antworten

Zurück zu „Fehler, Wünsche / Bugs, Wishes“