Bugs and wishes for the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
Jwb52z
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher

Muon1: I could cry!

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von Jwb52z » 06.09.2011 14:46

I spent well over 24 hours doing my first several Muon1 WUs on BOINC and my computer started becoming unresponsive for some reason. So, the only thing I could do was start to force a restart. Everything quit before I fully restarted, so I cancelled the restart. When I restarted BOINC, everything past a certain point in the WUs is gone now. All of their progress at the 6.667 percent pace is gone! Now I'll never finish them and the rest of the 30 WUs I got by Friday. Someone really needs to fix this kind of problem with this application.

Ananas
WU-Schieber
WU-Schieber

Re: Muon1: I could cry!

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von Ananas » 06.11.2011 05:01

Today I could see, how an already very long running Muon result went back to 33% after the BOINC heartbeat bug hit it. The CPU time did not drop back to 0 though.

But after the restart with 33%, the next step was 66% already and then after a fairly short time, it went straight to 100% - plus it received full credits for the completed run with all its Muon calls.

That means, that most of the progress it had achieved before the heartbeat crash had not been lost and the wrapper ran Muon only another two times instead of doing the full number of Muon calls again. Just the %%% display was a bit out of order :-)

p.s.: Of course I know that this came much too late to help you with your results, but maybe for the next time ...
vi BOINC/checkin_notes
:1,$s/bug/feature/g
:wq!

Erzaehlen sich Biologen eigentlich Klein-RNA-Witze?

Michael H.W. Weber
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von Michael H.W. Weber » 08.11.2011 17:36

Maybe a collection of all the "heart-beat issues" should be collected, equipped with a nice bow/ribbon and posted to David Andersons BOINC forum?

Michael.
Fördern, kooperieren und konstruieren statt fordern, konkurrieren und konsumieren.

http://signature.statseb.fr I: Kaputte Seite A
http://signature.statseb.fr II: Kaputte Seite B

Bild Bild Bild

Ananas
WU-Schieber
WU-Schieber

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von Ananas » 08.11.2011 21:46

Michael H.W. Weber hat geschrieben:... posted to David Andersons BOINC forum? ...
I highly doubt that he reads it - hiding from BOINC users and ignoring them keeps him too busy.

He didn't read the BOINC part of the SETI forum, when too many people posted there, he opened a separate BOINC forum, when too many people posted there, he joined a bug report size, when too many people posted there, he opened his own bug report site, when too many people posted there, he went to that new thing for BOINC project guys, when too many people posted there ... (I stopped to follow this at some point)

p.s.: There are really good BOINC developers who really know about concepts that make sense, so not everything is bad there.
vi BOINC/checkin_notes
:1,$s/bug/feature/g
:wq!

Erzaehlen sich Biologen eigentlich Klein-RNA-Witze?

Antworten

Zurück zu „Fehler, Wünsche / Bugs, Wishes“