Bugs and wishes for the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
Jwb52z
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher

Communication deferred

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von Jwb52z » 16.05.2011 03:29

From Thursday, the 12th, until today, Sunday, the 15th, my internet connection was down and I left BOINC working. Now, unless it's a development I don't know about, the client tries to connect every 10 minutes to download new work and has set a time limit on how often it will let me manually connect to do so. Is this happening because I left it idle trying to connect for those days? How do I get it to not try to connect every 10 minutes?

mxplm
Partikel-Strecker
Partikel-Strecker

Re: Communication deferred

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von mxplm » 19.05.2011 10:02

I don't think there's a setting for the interval. If BOINC gets work again, it will contact the project servers less often. There's only one for the time of day at which BOINC may or may not use the network.

Why are these connections a problem for you?
:Wiki-Benutzerseite: (Über mich)
:fold.it: (Helfen durch Zocken)

Jwb52z
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher

Re: Communication deferred

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von Jwb52z » 21.05.2011 19:00

The problem seemed to go away when I downloaded the most recent version of BOINC which I was alerted to in the program itself. It I was just worried because with the previous version before my internet outage of a few days, it didn't have the interval of 10 minutes every time. Once I was back up before downloading the new version once it was available, it started the 10 minute interval. It's all a moot point now, but I thought you deserved a reply. I just didn't like the change because I found it odd at the time.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Fehler, Wünsche / Bugs, Wishes“