Muon 1.10 - stucks at 33% for two hours!

Fehler und Wünsche zum Projekt yoyo@home
Bugs and wishes for the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
MLx
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher

Re: Muon 1.10 - stucks at 33% for two hours!

#13 Ungelesener Beitrag von MLx » 15.08.2011 09:47

llagos hat geschrieben:what!? well.. that explains it all.... this reminds me of a nice-to-have feature asked on the boinc manager, like "run until finish", when using dual core machines... one core for switching tasks, the other one for tasks with these kind of features, or your "favourites/priority" tasks...

Case closed, I guess... (until the dev of boinc manager realize this)

Thanks for the reply.

Leo
You can have boinc suspend tasks by sending SIGSTOP rather than using BOINC's checkpointing feature and killing them (See Advanced>Preferences>Disk and memory usage> [tick] Leave applications in memory while suspended). The task stays in memory and when it resumes, it simply continues where it was stopped. Obviously does not work across reboots.

Now onto the problem I'm having - has anyone been successful in running Muon on amd64?
yoyo hat geschrieben:Everything is ok, if the muon process still consumes cpu time in taskmanager (assuming you are running Windows).
yoyo
Well this is the problem. It's showing up in the task manager, but after a minute or two, it's not consuming any CPU. BOINC sees it as running and muon.exe is resident in the memory, but isn't doing anything. Where should I go looking for error messages?
muon.png
muon.png (55.64 KiB) 1744 mal betrachtet
muon_mgr.png
muon_mgr.png (66.84 KiB) 1744 mal betrachtet

Roland Schneider
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#14 Ungelesener Beitrag von Roland Schneider » 15.08.2011 23:02

MLx hat geschrieben:Now onto the problem I'm having - has anyone been successful in running Muon on amd64?
yoyo hat geschrieben:Everything is ok, if the muon process still consumes cpu time in taskmanager (assuming you are running Windows).
yoyo
Well this is the problem. It's showing up in the task manager, but after a minute or two, it's not consuming any CPU. BOINC sees it as running and muon.exe is resident in the memory, but isn't doing anything. Where should I go looking for error messages?
From your screenshots i think you are running muon on a linux os. There are problems with linux at the moment (which is why the app has now been deactivated by yoyo). You should abort all muon tasks on linux (when they do not use any more processing time).
Stephen from muon is investigating the problem.

Jwb52z
Mikrocruncher
Mikrocruncher

#15 Ungelesener Beitrag von Jwb52z » 05.09.2011 23:14

I'm running Muon 445.01 and I do wish there were some way to know it's actually doing something for sure in a straightforward manner when the progress isn't changing. It would be nice if it were programmed to measure smaller increments.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Fehler, Wünsche / Bugs, Wishes“