Fehler und Wünsche zum Projekt yoyo@home
Bugs and wishes for the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
cheapthrills

Merging two accounts ?

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von cheapthrills » 13.01.2010 10:10

Hi everyone,

It is possible to ask for two accounts to be merged, meaning credits aswell, all under one account ?

This happened in the first place because I changed my email address through Grid Republic and now I have duplicate accounts under two different email addresses for a couple of projects but not all of them wierdly :s

If it's not possible on the YOYO@home website, does this mean, it's not possible on any other project's website ?

Ananas
WU-Schieber
WU-Schieber

Re: Merging two accounts ?

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von Ananas » 13.01.2010 22:57

It is not possible to merge two accounts within the same project (no project can do that) but if one project has just a different email, you can still change that email, so BOINCstats will - after a while - know that both project accounts belong to the same cross project ID.

URL for changing your EMail : http://www.rechenkraft.net/yoyo/edit_email_form.php
vi BOINC/checkin_notes
:1,$s/bug/feature/g
:wq!

Erzaehlen sich Biologen eigentlich Klein-RNA-Witze?

Uwe Sänger Herzke
Block-Bunkerer
Block-Bunkerer

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von Uwe Sänger Herzke » 14.01.2010 06:48

If this did happen on a project it's either a fault of GR to give the right data to the project or it's the fault of the exchange algorithm in the BOINC-API or the project doesn't behave as it should.
What projects didn't get the right address to the right account but created a new one?
Have you asked this at the GR fora as well?

And in general: No it's impossible for users to merge any two accounts into one. it's probably very hard for the project admins to fumble manually with the database to somehow get it right, if they have this possibility at all.
Grüße vom Sänger
Bild Bild Bild

cheapthrills

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von cheapthrills » 14.01.2010 14:26

The projects which haven't updated my new email address are yoyo@home, The Lattice Project and ralph@home. There's also Proteins@home and APS@home but their websites are down so I'm guessing that's normal.

I'll ask on the GR forum yeah, good idea.

cheapthrills

#5 Ungelesener Beitrag von cheapthrills » 22.01.2010 19:43

Okay i've managed to solve this.

Thanks everyone for your time and help :3d:

Antworten

Zurück zu „Fehler, Wünsche / Bugs, Wishes“