Bugs and wishes for the project yoyo@home
Nachricht
Autor
sirzooro
Taschenrechner
Taschenrechner

Please upgrade server software

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von sirzooro » 16.09.2017 15:15

There are few useful features available in other projects, which are missing in yoyo@home:
- ability to filter task list by task state and subproject;
- computer list displays location for each connected machine;
- resource usage can be set to 0, so project will be treated as a backup one.

If you do not want to upgrade whole server software, please selectively merge (or implement on your own) these 3 features.

sirzooro
Taschenrechner
Taschenrechner

Re: Please upgrade server software

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von sirzooro » 09.10.2017 07:34

Any update for this? Today I was reconfiguring my hosts for new Sieve app, and had to check all of them to see their assigned locations. Extra column on hosts list would help me a lot.

ChristianB
Admin
Admin

#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von ChristianB » 09.10.2017 08:08

There will be no server software upgrade for yoyo@home in the near future. Because of the way BOINC is developed we can't selectively cherry-pick new features into this old source code and we can't upgrade the project as a whole because this will introduce unwanted features. The same goes for backporting new features into this old code because we don't have the manpower to do and support this effort.

Tom_unoduetre
Team-Joker
Team-Joker

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von Tom_unoduetre » 09.10.2017 12:34

Is it at least possible to remove the finished applications from the preferences so new users don´t accidently tick those and wonder why they are not getting any WU?

sirzooro
Taschenrechner
Taschenrechner

#5 Ungelesener Beitrag von sirzooro » 09.10.2017 14:14

ChristianB hat geschrieben:There will be no server software upgrade for yoyo@home in the near future. Because of the way BOINC is developed we can't selectively cherry-pick new features into this old source code and we can't upgrade the project as a whole because this will introduce unwanted features. The same goes for backporting new features into this old code because we don't have the manpower to do and support this effort.
You are right that cherry-picking may be not feasible for your project. Because of this I proposed to reimplement these features on your side. Extra column on computers list and zero resource usage seems easy things to add from scratch; extra filtering for task list is more complicated and you must pay attention to security here, but overall also not very big.

sirzooro
Taschenrechner
Taschenrechner

#6 Ungelesener Beitrag von sirzooro » 23.10.2017 09:15

Any update? If you do not have time, please at least add that extra column to Computers list. Today I was reconfigured things again and it would help me a lot again. It does not looks like hard thing to add - the hardest part is to identify parts of code which should be changed, remaining part is just a copy-paste of code for other column and update for new column name. Plus of course some testing to make sure it works as expected.

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand

#7 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 15.01.2018 19:44

sirzooro hat geschrieben:There are few useful features available in other projects, which are missing in yoyo@home:
- computer list displays location for each connected machine;
DONE
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „Fehler, Wünsche / Bugs, Wishes“